In April '09, a group of 40+ bright, focused professionals will head to the Himalayan mountains to trek to Everest Base Camp for a world record attempt, raising £250,000 for Sport Relief and Himalayan UK in the process. The world record attempt is to play a full game of Twenty20 cricket at Gorak Shep (a large plateau just below Base Camp). As part of the support team, I will be training and fundraising alongside my full-time job and studying for a Postgrad Diploma.....so busy, busy......

Friday 16 January 2009

Hit the skids

It's been a while since the last post and I can only say it's been a pretty rough last month or so.

Around a week before Christmas my flat got burgled and the thieving b*****d took all of my jewellery as well as my laptop - which meant I had no access to the internet and no opportunity to do blog updates.

Then, on Christmas eve, my treasured grandmother became critically ill and, after slowly deteriorating, passed away last Friday. The culmination of a truly awful Christmas and the death of a much-loved family member has left me drained and very out of sorts.

BUT - there's no time for slouching with the Everest Test less than 3 months away, so come Monday, I'm going to be back in the game, digging deep, pushing forward, moving on and generally working my arse off to get fit and ready for the big challenge.

Have a good weekend all x

No comments: